One-Stop Model Presentation
To prepare for this assignment, make a list of three of the most prevalent social problems experienced by individuals who live in rural communities (high unemployment rates, social isolation, etc.). Then list three barriers that prevent individuals from getting their needs met and three types of services that would help an individual meet their needs. Finally, review the information on key theoretical frameworks used in the human services field that you have learned from previous courses in this program (general systems theory, ecological systems theory, person-in-environment theory, etc.).
After you have created your lists and reviewed information on theoretical frameworks, please read the following scenario:
You are working as a Community Service Worker in a small rural community. Many of the families that you work with have a difficult time accessing the services that are available to them for a variety of different reasons. You have recently read about the success of One-Stop models, which combine multiple social service providers in one location to better serve rural communities. You are hopeful that something similar could benefit your community. To potentially receive funding for your idea, you need to prepare a presentation with your ideas. You can use the resources provided below as well as resources that you have obtained from previous courses in this program on rural communities (specifically, HN115) and theoretical frameworks.
Housing Assistance Council. (2014). Poverty in rural America. http://www.ruralhome.org/sct-information/mn-hac-research/rural-rrb/510-rrn-poverty
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). (2019, May 22). Mental health and rural America — challenges and opportunities [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/ewHrW2IFJ68
Rural Health Information Hub. (2020). Home page. https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/
Example of One-Stop Model
Rural Health Information Hub. (2018). One-stop shop model. https://www.ruralhealthinfo.org/toolkits/services-integration/2/one-stop-shop
Please addresses each of the following:
- Describe the need for One-Stop models in rural communities.
- Be sure to include at least two barriers that individuals face specifically in rural communities as well as one historical and one current trend for providing human services in rural communities.
- Summarize a successful One-Stop model in another community.
- Describe which theoretical framework is guiding your plan and why you chose it.
- Describe at least three services that will be provided to your community.
- Identify the location where services will be provided in your community.
- Describe how you will refer clients for services and the steps you will take to coordinate services for your clients.
- What will a successful program look like? Identify two ways you will know that your One-Stop model is successful.
- Include at least three references in APA format.