Health Information Systems Acquisition and Implementation
Create a workflow diagram of clinical and non-clinical data within an inpatient electronic medical record system. Include the departments for which this data would be captured and stored. For instance, chest x-ray reports would be captured in radiology department. You need to have a minimum of at least 10 data points. Make sure to explain the role of all data points. It is important that your data flows throughout your workflow diagram. For instance, you would not want your first data point to be the chest x-ray/radiology, then the next data point to be admissions (admission data would need to come first). You can create your workflow diagram using any workflow tool such as Smart Draw and Microsoft Word. You can also use PowerPoint if you prefer.
It is important to remember to create the clinical and non-clinical workflow diagram based on the capture of information within an inpatient electronic medical record system.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Provide a workflow diagram of clinical and non-clinical data within an inpatient EHR. You need to have at least 10 data points with the associated department for which the data is collected/stored.
- Provide an introduction and conclusion paragraph where you discuss the importance of these data points.
- Your references and citations should be consistent with a particular formatting style such as APA.
- Provide references from at least 2 scholarly articles (peer-reviewed). Do not include information from non-scholarly materials such as wikis, encyclopedias, or www.freearticles.com (or similar websites). Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php.
- For additional information on reliability of sources, review the following source:
Georgetown University Library. (n.d.). Evaluating internet resources. Retrieved from https://www.library.georgetown.edu/tutorials/research-guides/evaluating-internet-content
- Your response should incorporate the outcomes of the module with the requirements of this assignment.
- Your workflow diagram must be a visual or graphical representation of the interaction of processes and/or how information (data) flows through an electronic medical record system.
- Use the following link for more details and information about workflow diagram: https://www.smartdraw.com/workflow-diagram/