Please write one page on the assignment below
In this discussion, you will examine culturally-inclusive and culturally-responsive classrooms. Mr. Franklin has a classroom with many diverse learners. The students come from different cultures, family structures, and student learning levels. You decide to approach Mr. Franklin to develop a collaborative plan to promote a culturally-inclusive classroom, which includes considerations for the classroom environment, parent and family communication/involvement, and IEP goal writing.
In your reading this week, you learned about the Cultural Diversity Awareness Inventory (CDAI) in Comparing Cross-Cultural Multicultural Self-Awareness Among K-12 In-Service School Teachers
(Links to an external site.)
(Koyama, Plash, & Davis, 2011) in teachers K-12. The CDAI measures five categories: cultural awareness, culturally diverse family, cross-cultural communication, assessment, and creating a multicultural environment. This discussion also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome 1 and the MASE Program Learning Outcome 8.
Use this example outline to organize your post.
Initial Post: Post an initial response that addresses the following areas using the discussion board forum:
* After reviewing the Koyama, Plash, & Davis (2011) source, select one of the five categories of cultural diversity from the CDAI. Describe for Mr. Franklin in an introductory paragraph how the CDAI category (i.e., cultural awareness, culturally diverse family, cross-cultural communication, assessment, or creating a multicultural environment) should be included in the classroom environment, parent and family communication/involvement, IEP goal writing, and/or lesson planning.
* Create a written plan to present to Mr. Franklin on how to incorporate all the components of that category into the classroom. Your plan should include:
* The name of the selected CDAI category.
* The components of CDAI recommended for your selected category.
* One example of how each component of your selected category can be applied in the classroom.
I have uploaded The Cross Cultural multicultural self awareness resource