- CO6: Differentiate between and apply inventory management systems methods and concepts
- CO8: Compose the results of operations and case studies effectively in writing the results of operations analysis and case studies
According to the assigned case study, Consolidated Electric was faced with an inventory level v. customer service tradeoff. Review the assigned case materials provided and answer the following questions:
1. Design an inventory control system for this business. Provide the formulas that you would use for a P System, Q system or other system you design. Compare these to the formulas currently used. Examine the data from the Appendix to note any peculiarities in demand that your system might encounter. What would you do about them?
2. Describe how the system you have designed will help the company meet customer-service and cost objectives
- Label your Word document as follows: yourlastname.doc (ex: Johnson.docx)
- The paper should be at least 1,000-words
- The paper should be APA-compliant paper comprising your response
- Minimum 5 full pages of content (Word Document) of strategic material (does not include cover page, abstract, nor reference pages)
- All charts, graphs, pictures are to go in the appendix (not a substitute for content)
- The paper must provide inline citations to at least five scholarly sources supporting your paper
- Refrain from excessive use of quotes in your response (less than 5%)
- Once you submit your document to the assignment folder it will automatically be loaded to TURNITIN.COM within the course. Your similarity scan score must be 20% or less (the following will be excluded: headers, bibliography, etc. prior to instructor grading paper—focus on the content of scan percentage
- Plagiarism will result in an automatic zero for this assignment
- There are no late assignments accepted after the last day of the course
Grading Rubric: See the for more information on assignment grading.